Slim Chance x True Temper Ltd Edition
** Get FREE single color custom paint on any Yo Eddy!, Slim Chance & Chris-Cross between now & July 31st!! **
Slim Chance x True Temper Availability Update:
- Very limited quantities still available from our last batch of True Temper Slim’s; 1 x XS, 1 x Medium, 1 x XL.
- Frames are held in stock unpainted, and then painted to order in your choice of color with delivery in 3-4 weeks.
- All other sizes are made to order and subject to our normal 12 week lead time.
- Place your order with a 50% deposit here on our website, hit us up by email if you have any questions at all.
- Additional charges for options including steel fork upgrade, fade paint schemes will be added to your final invoice prior to shipping.
Chris Chance cut his frame building teeth making custom road frames way back in 1977, over the years he learned a thing or two about making the perfect road frame. By 1991, Chris took everything he’d learned from making mountain bikes at Fat City and applied it to a new generation of road bike.
The result was the original Slim Chance which set a new benchmark for steel road bikes as one of the very first production TIG welded road frames.
To celebrate the long partnership with True Temper that lead to many of Fat City’s best known bikes including the Slim, Yo Eddy and Wicked we bring you this limited edition True Temper version of the Slim Chance. With True Temper sadly exiting the bike business in the near future this could be your last opportunity to own a Slim Chance made out of the finest OX Platinum USA made steel tubing!
Here’s the essentials on the new Slim Chance x True Temper Ltd Edition:
- Handmade, designed, welded & painted in the USA using American made True Temper OX Platinum tubing.
- Available as a frame, ENVE 2.0 fork and Chris King headset package for $2395 (with single color paint).
- Classic 1-1/8″ (36mm) head tube only.
- Yo Road Steel fork upgrade for $150.
- Painted ENVE stem option for $280.
- Painted Silca Impero Pump option for $190.
- Choice of mechanical or electronic shifting (Di2 and eTap) options at no extra charge.
- 4 solid colors inspired some of our favorite Slim’s from the past; Blue, Pearl White, Pale Yellow and Red.
- 5 brand new, limited edition fade color schemes inspired by some of our favorite 90’s frames, additional $150.
- Add the matching race kit here.
- Handmade, designed, welded & painted in the USA.
- Custom mix of size specific True Temper OX Platinum steel tubing.
- Classic 36mm (1 1/8″ head tube).
- 27.2mm Seatpost (Custom black seat collar included).
- Chris Chance designed sealed frame construction.
- Mechanical gear cable routing or SRAM eTap and Di2 (Internal) options.
- Chris King Headset included (choice of colors; Black, Navy, Gold, Red, Silver).
- Band-on front mech required (28.6mm size).
- Pump peg on inside of head tube.
- 68mm BSA (English Threaded) Bottom Bracket.
- Clearance for 28mm tires.
- Choice of forks; Carbon ENVE 2.0 1 1/8″ road fork(non tapered) or YO ROAD Steel Segmented fork.
- Optional painted ENVE road stem (additional charge).
- Optional painted Silca Impero frame pump (additional charge).
|A – Seat Tube Length (Center to Top)||495||521||544||566||579||597|
|B – Head Angle||72.5°||73°||73.5°||73.5°||73.5°||73.5°|
|C – Seat Angle||74.5°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73.5°|
|D – Top Tube Length (Horizontal Center to Center)||530||545||560||580||590||610|
|E – Chainstay Length||415||415||415||415||415||415|
|F – Bottom Bracket Drop||72||72||72||72||72||72|
|G – Head Tube Length||105||130||153||176||190||210|
|H – Reach||382||386||394||402||408||425|
|I – Stack||520||545||569||591||605||624|
|J – Wheelbase||980||987||997||1012||1022||1039|
– All dimensions listed above are in mm unless otherwise stated.
– Fork rake is 43mm on all sizes.
– Top tube has a -6 degree slope on all sizes.
1. Select your Slim Chance Frameset from the options above and “Add to Cart”.
2. Using the links below perform the same selection for your Groupset, Wheelset and Finishing Kit, choose the relevant options for each and then “Add to Cart”.
3. The Shopping Cart will then allow you to view your complete bike price, including tax (if applicable). Once you are happy with your build you can checkout either by paying a 20% deposit or the full amount. If you chose to pay a deposit we will invoice you directly prior to shipping.
Pre-orders for this batch of frames will be open for the month of October, orders can be placed here on our website and secured with a 50% deposit. When the pre-order closes we start batch production which will take around 12 weeks, so we estimate delivery will be around end Jan 2017. This is an estimate and can change depending on our production schedule. You’ll be invoiced directly for the balance payment (including tax & shipping) 2 weeks prior to your frame / bike shipping.
What about shipping costs & sales tax?
These will be added to your order when you checkout. Sales tax is payable relative to where you live in the US. Overseas customers do not pay any sales tax, but are liable for any customs charges or similar. We apply a simple Flat Rate of shipping; US customers pay $100 for FedEx Ground, International customers $200 for FedEx Air.
Do you ship outside the US?
Yes! For frame only we ship to anywhere in the world. Complete bikes are only available within the US / Canada.
Can I fit a different fork or headset?
In theory yes, but the frame is only supplied with the Chris King Headset and ENVE carbon painted fork / steel Yo Road Fork that we fit to the frame before it ships. We wanted to offer both the best value package and best possible product offering to complement the frame, so choose these options from Chris King, ENVE and our own steel fork to do this, and we wanted to make sure they are both fitted correctly!
Can I get this frame with the larger 44mm Head Tube you had on the 1st batch?
No, this is 36mm head tube only for this limited edition batch.
Yes, due to our small-batch production schedule we’re able to offer electronic shifting options to order on each frame at no additional cost. For SRAM eTap the frame will have no external cable guides to give a really clean finish. For Di2 or EPS the frame will be drilled with holes in the following locations to accommodate wired electronic shifting with a seatpost mounted battery; Top of downtube, bottom of seat tube, end of chainstay. Please not that the Di2 / EPS option means your frame is not 100% sealed due to the holes required for shifting wires.
Is the original steel segmented Yo Road Fork available with the new Slim Chance frame?
Yes! Just select this in the options above.
Is the Slim Chance available as a complete bike?
Yes. Check out the “Build Kits” tab to the left for more info on complete bike builds, any of these can be added to your order up to 2 weeks before the frame ships.
Can I buy one at my local dealer?
Not right now, our frames / bikes are only available directly from Fat Chance. We are looking at working with select retailers in major markets in future.
Can I have the fork or stem option painted a different color to the frame?
No, this is not possible. Due to the way frame, fork and stem are painted they all need to be done at the same time! Plus we think it looks better to have it all matching.